Substance abuse has become prevalent in different parts of California, and one of those cities is Sacramento. As a densely populated area, Sacramento has seen a drastic increase in drug usage over the past few years. In 2007, 30.2 percent of adults in the city had participated in binge drinking. California, on the other hand, showed a rate of 29.7%.
The good news is that the number starts to fall. Since 2012, Sacramento has seen 29% fewer alcohol and drug-related hospital admissions. This is a sign that treatment and prevention methods are effective. However, it does not necessarily mean that the danger in the city has passed.
What is Substance Abuse?
Commonly known as a chronic disease, addiction is characterized by drug use. Despite the harmful consequences, this is compulsive and hard to control. For most people, the decision to take illicit drugs is voluntary. However, repeated use can result in brain changes, challenging a person’s self-control. It also interferes with their ability to resist urges to use any substance. The changes are persistent. That’s why the addiction is a relapsing disease. Even people in recovery from the disorder are at high risk for returning to drug abuse.
It’s very common for a patient to relapse. However, relapse does not mean that treatment doesn’t work. Like other chronic health conditions, medication should be continuous. They should also be adjusted based on how an individual responds. Plus, detox Sacramento rehab center must review treatment plans as often as possible to fit best the patient’s specific and changing needs.
Detox Sacramento rehab facilities are available throughout the city. Every time you need the service, you can find the right center. But how are you going to know when to call a specialist? Here are a few symptoms of substance abuse:
- Intense urges for the drugs
- Extreme feeling to use the substance
- Taking larger amounts of a substance over a long period of time
- Unable to do work responsibilities
- Doing risky activities
- Engaging in violent activities such as theft, robbery, etc.
- Problems at work or school
- Physical health issues
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Neglected appearance
Treatment in Detox Sacramento
Since you’re aware of the symptoms, you know the right time to seek the help of a detox Sacramento rehab center. With the thousands of options out there, it’s confusing which facility that works for you! But don’t worry because we are always on the go to help!
Unlike the competition, here are a few reasons why we stand out from the competition:
- Highly Trained Staff. We really take pride in our pool of professionals. Our people possess in-depth knowledge and experience. Whatever the present condition of a family member, a relative or a friend, we have the best treatment.
- State-of-the-art Facilities. Over the years, we are equipped with cutting-edge materials. We invest our money and time on our equipment to go beyond our patient’s needs.
When you see abrupt changes in a person’s behavior, please free to contact us any time of the day! Our representatives are friendly and professional whom you would love to work with!