The world is facing the biggest threat to mankind in the form of microscopic particles called viruses. Be it the H7N9 bird flu virus or SARS coronavirus, they are highly infectious and mutate at a very fast rate for a counter-vaccine to be developed. With new strains of these viruses emerging, “Are the currently stocked antiviral efficient to combat the illness?”
Vaccine development and trials take months and years to complete and even if a successful vaccine candidate is developed, it needs years to manufacture it for the masses and the ever-increasing human population. Does that mean we are doomed and have no protective mechanisms against these infectious organisms?
Our only survival hope is to follow good hygiene habits and use face masks at all times to prevent the spread of such lethal infections. However, not all masks are made equal and their anti-viral filtration capacities vary.
You can buy dependable protective N95 face masks from Custom Earth Promos. Their goal is to manufacture and promote eco-friendly products throughout the United States. Their N95 masks are approved by the FDA and have a 95% filtration efficacy. Their customizable recycled products are affordable and made to protect our planet from waste pollution.
Benefits of Nano masks in preventing the spread of infectious diseases
A Nano mask can kill the viral particles that come in its contact due to its nanoparticle coated filters. When it gets combined with chlorine, it eradicates and destroys these tiny organisms. Some of the benefits of Nano mask over other disposable N95 masks, especially during pandemics are:
- 3M masks have a filtration capacity of 300 nm, while most viral particles less than this size and thus can easily pass the filter of the masks.
- Nano masks have been bacteriophage tested and allow good filtration and removal of bacterial and viral particles during inhalation and exhalation cycles.
- They are reusable with a shelf life of approximately 1 year.
- The filter is easily replaceable preventing the need to buy a new mask every time and is thus cost-effective over disposable masks.
- They are adjustable and have a facial seal that allows them to fit snugly over your face without comprising on the comfort.
- They can be easily cleaned with diluted bleach regularly.
- One filter can be cleaned multiple times before needing a change.
Habits to follow to stay safe during pandemics
Apart from using Nano mask, which is very effective in keeping viral particles away, you can follow these habits and practices to keep yourself safe:
- Do not touch your face after touching a surface in a public face or after shaking hands.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water eliminates dirt and viral particles.
- Carry pocket sanitizers and wipes every time you venture out.
- Carry extra face masks; change them often, especially when you are visiting a crowded place.
- Clean your groceries, fruits, and vegetables thoroughly before consuming them.
- If a home-cooked meal is not a possibility, ensure that your food is cooked properly and avoid raw meats.
- Ensure that your meals come from a place that follows health safety standards strictly and efficiently.
Stay safe and healthy. Protect yourself and your family from infectious diseases and invest in cost-effective safety and hygienic practices.